Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Need help with my Psychology question – I’m studying for my class.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In this week, you will complete an annotated bibliography for a position paper that will be due in Week 5. Choosing what area you would like to study in addictions begins with examining the following areas related to the course competencies:
- Major psychological theories and principles in the field of addictions
- Historical link to modern issues and trends in the field of addictions
- Current and evolving trends in the field of addictions
- Nature of geographic, social, cognitive, and emotional factors in the development, course, and duration of addictions
- Differences in patterns of addiction in the context of gender and developmental issues
- Illegal and legal substance use issues regarding physical, social, and psychological effects
- Impact of treatment and prevention methods on the incidence, course, and duration of addictive behaviors
Use this as a guide when choosing research articles.
Note: This is a course on psychology. Therefore, the research should relate to addictions but from a psychological perspective and not a purely the medical related discussion on the disorders and conditions.
Choose a topic mentioned above. Using the South University Online Library database (ProQuest or EBSCOHOST), find six journal articles related to the topic. You must use scholarly journals (i.e., peer reviewed articles). You should not use web pages, magazines, newspapers, textbooks, and other books for this assignment. Also, the research articles used must be current (i.e., within the last five years).
Based on your research, create a document that includes:
- A summary for each of the journal articles found. (i.e., 1-2 paragraphs) of the resource (e.g., What were the goals of this article? What conclusions were made? In short, provide enough details so that anyone would be able to understand the general purpose of the article.)
- An analysis and evaluation for each of the journal articles found. (e.g., How does the information in this article correlate with information from the course? How is the information from the article similar/different from the course? WHY? What is the significance of the information from this article? HOW can this information be helpful and meaningful? WHY is this information important? HOW does the information contribute to the field of research?)