Assignment #3. Chapter 4A. Light
Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I’m working on a Art & Design question and need guidance to help me study.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have to choose a work that uses light in a significant way (therefore if you see a work of art that has no reference to light – please do not choose it).
3. Attach the picture of the artwork and include the name of artist, title, date.
4. Describe the use of light in the work.
- Is the light in the work an actual light like in Doug Wheeler’s installations? In such works the light itself is used as a medium. For example, in this work a line of LED lights circle the perimeter of the room at foot-level, so the visitors find themselves in a unique space. When you analyze a work that is using actual light make sure you are discussing the installation and not the photo of the installation. If you choose to analyze the photo then the light is considered implied light.
- Is the light an implied light like in this detail from Leonardo’s “Virgin and St. Anne…”? Implied light creates the illusion of light in two dimensional work.
- If it’s an actual light ask yourself – what and where is the source of light? Is it bright, dim, colorful? is it constant or blinking? One source or many? What is the relationship with the viewer (above, in front etc.). What is the relationship with the space (indoor or outdoor, small space or large? type of space? etc.) How do you think it affects the viewer?
- If it’s implied light ask yourself – Where is the light in the picture coming from? How many sources? Inside or outside the picture? Artificial or natural light? Can you describe it as a chiaroscuro? What is the purpose/s of the light? (modeling, emotional or symbolic effects, compositional, directing the eye etc.)
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"Get Started