Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I’m working on a Business question and need guidance to help me study.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Create a project scope statement and work breakdown structure for your project.
Note: Developing a project requires specific steps that must be carried out in a certain order. Therefore, you must complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Develop the planning process of a project.
- Create a comprehensive scope document, including items within and outside of established project boundaries.
- Analyze requirements, constraints, and assumptions included in a scope document.
- Develop a work breakdown structure (WBS) that identifies relevant deliverables, tasks, and task dependencies necessary for a successful project.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively.
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner consistent with the standards and conventions of project management.
- As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.SHOW LESS
When breaking down tasks, sometimes it is easy to forget a subtask or to not break the subtasks down far enough. In addition, once broken down, it is important to ensure that the smaller pieces are organized appropriately. Consider one of the tasks from your project using the WBS process:
- Is it broken down into the smallest manageable tasks and sequenced appropriately? Is there a risk to breaking down tasks too much?
- What project processes are likely to suffer the most for a poorly scoped project? Why? Is this true for all types of projects?
A project scope document defines and controls what is and is not included in a project. Scope definition involves dividing major deliverables into smaller, more manageable components. Remember, your scope statement forms the basis for agreement between the project and the project stakeholders by identifying both the project objectives and deliverables. This information can also be used to create a work breakdown structure and project schedule for the project.Your scope definition should:
- Improve accuracy of cost, duration, and resource estimates.
- Define a baseline for performance measurement and control.
- Facilitate clear assignment of responsibilities.
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
A work breakdown structure, or WBS, is used to define and integrate all the activities included in the project scope. Remember that there is a one-to-one relationship between the project scope and WBS. All the work included in the scope document should be included in your WBS.
Create the following two course project planning items. Plan to submit separate documents for each.
- Scope Document: Use the Scope Statement Template found in the Resources to create the scope for your project. Make modifications and add information as needed to the template to ensure the scope statement is exactly as you want it.
- Work Breakdown Structure: Prepare a WBS for your course project. Remember, you must first break down your project into major work elements, noting who is responsible for each. You must also consider if the work element is concurrently done with another work element, or if it is it in a series and cannot start until the previous element is completed. This activity will start to define your timeline and critical path.
Submit the scope and WBS in separate documents. Be sure to attach BOTH of the documents with your assessment submission. This is important to avoid unnecessary use of one of your re-submission attempts to submit a missing part of your assessment.
- Formatting and Font: 12 point Times New Roman font.
- References: Use proper current APA style and formatting when citing and referencing your sources.