Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
This essay of a minimum of 500 to a maximum of 700 words requires you to choose any one of the stories given below. Review the list of stories to identify which one you’d like to write about:
- “Rules of the Game” by Amy Tan
- “Death by Landscape” by Margaret Atwood
- “To Room Nineteen” by Doris Lessing
You aren’t required to do any research for this essay.
Critical Essay Topics
Choose just one of the following topics:
- To what extent is the protagonist of the story you’ve chosen responsible for the conflict or predicament he or she faces?
- How does the antagonist in the story you’ve chosen contribute to the story’s overall meaning?
Try not to use any secondary sources.
Your essay should have three parts: an introductory paragraph, a body containing fully developed paragraphs, and a concluding paragraph. Following is a general guide for what to include in each section of your essay.
In your introductory paragraph:
- Provide the complete title of the story you’ve chosen and the author’s complete name.
- Identify clearly your essay topic.
- Include a strong thesis statement on your topic.
- Forecast the main stages of your essay.
In your analysis in the body of your essay:
- Make effective use of topic sentences to identify the main ideas of your analysis.
- Support your comments with evidence (paraphrase and direct quotations) from your chosen story.
- Explain the significance of each piece of evidence you present.
- Contribute to the reader’s understanding of the story as a whole.
In your concluding paragraph:
- Summarize how your analysis supports your thesis.
- Restate your thesis in different words.
The post How does the antagonist in the story you’ve chosen contribute to the story’s overall meaning? appeared first on Essay Hotline.