Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I’m working on a Writing exercise and need support.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Topic: Movie review
Please pick a film (fictional or documentary) available on video or DVD or currently in theaters to write your essay. I have included at the bottom the link to Sport Illustrated’s top 50 films. Your choice of film needs to be related to sport. Read the directions first!!!! See what you need to do and then pick your film. The essay will need to be 750-1000 words. The essay will include your description of the film and a critique with the instructions below.
What does the essay need to include?
no more than 300 words laying out the content of the book/film. What is the major focus or plot? Who are the main characters? What is the arc of the action… beginning, middle, and the end?
300-500 words in which you point out at least three sociological issues raised by the film. For each, indicate what incidents in the film led you to think about this issue. If a point of view is being presented on this issue, what is it? If it is not clear… speculate. Whether the film overtly takes a point of view on the social issue, what thoughts were raised in your mind as a result of this incident?
200 -300 words in which you analyze each of the issues you raised. Why is this an important issue to think about in connection with sport? How does this issue demonstrate that sport is a microcosm of society? If there is a particular problem (ex. discrimination because of gender) how would you go about solving it in sport? In the larger society?
If you cite information that is not yours….then you need to reference it at the end.
1. Bull Durham (1988, baseball)
2. Rocky (1976, boxing)
3. Raging Bull (1980, boxing)
4. Hoop Dreams (1994, basketball)
5. Slap Shot (1977, hockey)
6. Hoosiers (1986, basketball)
7. Olympia (1936, Olympics)
8. Breaking Away (1979, cycling)
9. Chariots of Fire (1981, Olympics)
10. When We Were Kings (1996, boxing)
11. Bang the Drum Slowly (1973, baseball)
12. Dogtown and Z-Boys (2001, skating, skateboarding)
13. A League of Their Own (1992, baseball)
14. The Freshman (1925, football)
15. The Endless Summer (1966, surfing)
16. North Dallas Forty (1979, football)
17. Brian’s Song (1971, football)
18. Caddyshack (1980, golf)
19. Downhill Racer (1969, skiing)
20. Requiem for a Heavyweight (1962, boxing)
21. Pumping Iron (1977, bodybuilding)
22. The Set Up (1949, boxing)
23. The Hustler (1961, pool)
24. Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993, chess)
25. Horse Feathers (1932, football)
26. The Bad News Bears (1976, baseball)
27. National Velvet (1944, horse racing)
28. Eight Men Out (1988, baseball)
29. Rollerball (1975, fictional sport)
30. The Rookie (2002, baseball)
31. Baseball – A Film by Ken Burns (1994, baseball)
32. Vision Quest (1985, wrestling)
33. Fat City (1972, boxing)
34. Everybody’s All-American (1988, football)
35. Million Dollar Legs (1932, Olympics)
36. Jerry Maguire (1996, mostly football)
37. The Goalie’s Anxiety at the Penalty Kick (1972, soccer)
38. Field of Dreams (1989, baseball)
39. The Harder They Fall (1956, boxing)
40. The Longest Yard (1974, football)
41. Remember the Titans (2000, football)
42. The Pride of the Yankees (1942, baseball)
43. Fists of Fury (1972, martial arts)
44. The Deadliest Season (1977, hockey)
45. Grand Prix (1966, racing)
46. Any Given Sunday (1999, football)
47. It Happens Every Spring (1949, baseball)
48. The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings (1976, baseball)
49. Phar Lap (1983, horse racing)
50. Best in Show (2000, dog shows)