Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I’m studying for my Business class and need an explanation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Compare and contrast the strategic management of the following companies (or two others inthe same industry that you have identified and your professor has approved):
- ● Walmart, the world’s largest retailer who specializes in being the low-cost provider;
- ● Nordstrom, the largest volume fashion retailer in the Western United States.While there may be other factors, the most obvious and significant difference between these two retailers is their very different position on price and value. Some aspects of each company that you could consider in your analysis follow.Mission Statements: Compare Walmart’s and Nordstrom’s mission statements.
- ● What do they say about the companies?
- ● How does the mission statement affect your impression/expectation of what thecustomer experience might be for each store?
- ● If you have ever shopped at either, did your experience match your expectationscreated by the mission statement? Why or why not?31 of 33
● Refer to Chapter 2 of the course text for Walmart’s mission statement; forNordstrom, use the following:
In store or online, wherever new opportunities arise, Nordstrom works relentlessly to give customers the most compelling shopping experience possible. The one constant? John W. Nordstrom’s founding philosophy: offer the customer the best possible service, selection, quality and value.
Price Points & Positioning: How do the companies’ selected price point affect the following:
- ● Their image to their customers? To competitors?
- ● Their relationship with their employees?
- ● The customer experience for purchases? For questions? For problems?Competitive Strategies: Which of the five generic competitive strategies do each use for their:
- ● Overall brand?
- ● For their retail stores?
- ● For their online stores?
- ● Why might they use a different strategy for their “bricks-and-mortar” versus theironline stores?
- ● How does each store respond to competitive threats?Long-term Strategies for Growth and Sustainability:
- ● Where are the opportunities for growth for each store?
- ● Are these growth opportunities sustainable?
- ● What factors affect growth and sustainability for each store? Note growth can refer tosales/revenue, volume of sales, number of locations, market share, number of employees, and so forth.