Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I’m trying to study for my History course and I need some help to understand this question.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Political Cartoon Analysis
- Browse different reliable sources and select 3 different political cartoons that catch your attention.
- The cartoons must be political in nature and current (maximum 3 years old).
- Each cartoon must be related to different topics and characters. Note: The cartoons cannot portray the same political figure(s), even if they are about different topics.
- Each answer must be between 3-7 college-level COMPLETE sentences (Arial font, size 12, double-spaced). Separate and number each question and write the answer. No essay format is needed. Do not put everything in one paragraph!
- Copy and paste the image of the cartoon before you answer the questions so I can see it while I’m grading.
- The analysis of the 3 cartoons must be put together in ONE paper (one attachment submission only, not 3 separate ones).
- You must use Microsoft Word. You must include your sources.
Suggestion: The more elaborated the cartoon is, the easier it will be to complete this assignment. Read the questions below before you start your search.
Observation & Reflection Phases: Describe What You See and How You See It
- What is happening in the cartoon? Explain.
- What specific political issue is being portrayed in the cartoon? Explain
- What do you think the cartoonist’s opinion on this issue is? Explain.
- Are there any text bubbles and/or caption? How important are they? Explain.
- Do you see an exaggeration? What does the exaggeration mean? Explain.
- Do you see a stereotype? What does the stereotype mean? Explain.
- Do you see an irony? What does the irony mean? Explain.
- Does the cartoon portray any emotions? Which ones? Explain.
- What minor details are there? How important are they? Explain
- Is there anything controversial about the cartoon? Explain.
Note: If your answer is “No” to 3 of the answers in questions # 4, #5, #6, #7, and #8, you MUST choose a different cartoon.
Evaluation Phase: Assess the Effectiveness
- Do you think the cartoon is effective in the message it tries to convey? Explain.
- Do the people/ objects/ words in the cartoon adequately represent the political issue? Explain.
- Were you persuaded by the cartoonist’s point of view? Why or why not? Explain.
- If you were asked to modify something in the cartoon what would it be? Explain. Note: Answers such as “I wouldn’t modify anything.” will not be accepted.
- Did the cartoon encourage you to look deeper into the political issue it portrayed? Why or why not? Explain.