Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
After having a comprehensive physical exam at the family health center, Yen Nguyen has been scheduled to have a mammogram and screening laboratory work. When she arrives at the clinic for her mammogram, she tells you she is very nervous. “I have a good friend who just found out she has breast cancer. She’s very depressed now. Do I really have to do this test?”
1. What kind of stress is Yen experiencing?
Three days later, the radiologist contacts Yen, requesting that she return to the family health center for additional films of the upper outer quadrant of the right breast. “There are some calcifications I want to check out” explains the radiologist.
1. What factors might affect Yen’s adaptation to this stress?
2. Evaluate what you know about Yen’s perception of her stress, her overall health status, her support system, and her coping methods.
3. What more do you need to know about these topics to fully answer this question?
Later, Yen calls the office, frantically explaining that she is very upset about this recent event. She says, “Not knowing is killing me. I’m so nervous I can’t stand it! I can’t sleep. I can’t eat.” She asks how she can handle the stress until she comes in for the additional tests next week.
1. What strategies would you recommend to help Yen deal with the stress?
The post Stress and Coping first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.