Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You are required to complete and excel workbook(attached) and also submit a brief overview commentary that critically appraises and justifies the Estimator’s approach to pricing the building work.
Aim: To explore the procedures and processes employed in estimating and tendering for construction work.
Englemere Village in rural Berkshire, lies a few miles from Ascot. The parish council has embarked on a scheme to build a new Village Centre comprising communal meeting rooms, changing rooms and sports facilities, complete with outdoor sports pitches. The scheme is to be financed by the Local Authority, the local community and a Sports Lottery grant. The details are shown on drawings:-
DM/07/A – Elevations
DM/07/B – Ground Floor Plan
DM/07/C – First Floor Plan
DM/07/D – Sections
DM/07/E – FoundationsSlab Layout
DM/07/F – Site Layout
Your company has been invited to tender for the entire project, including the significant landscaping works needed to accommodate the outdoor playing fields, as detailed in the Project Information Schedule. The invitation states that the rules of the tender competition shall be those of the JCT Tendering Practice Note 2012. The tender is to be prepared in accordance with the principles of the CIOB Code of Estimating Practice, latest edition.
Task: As an Assistant Estimator, you have been asked by the Senior Estimator to price the Goundworks on the Englemere Village project, the details of which are given on the extract from the Bills of Quantities. In addition, you have also been asked to price the Preliminaries appertaining to the Goundworks part of the scheme. You are required to provide the following as an interlinked Excel Workbook:-
• A detailed priced preliminaries schedule covering all associated items required to deliver this part of the clients project;
• A detailed breakdown of All-in labour rates for the key occupations to be employed upon the works;
• Calculation of Prime Cost of Daywork Rates for Labour for the key occupations to be employed upon the works;
• A detailed breakdown of costs for the items of plant indicated to be used on the project;
• All-in unit rates for all the excavation and concrete items in the project, as indicated in the extract from the Bills of Quantities;
• Calculations for appropriate additions for overheads and profit to be added to the Prime Costs of Daywork for Labour, Materials and Plant, shown in the Bills of Quantities;
In addition to the completed Excel Workbook, you are required to submit a brief overview commentary that critically appraises and justifies the Estimator’s approach to pricing building work;
The post Submit a brief overview commentary that critically appraises and justifies the Estimator’s approach to pricing the building work. appeared first on Essay Hotline.