Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I’m studying for my Mathematics class and need an explanation.
Unit 3 focused on the Mathematics Dynamic Assessment (MDA) approach for pre-assessment of math concepts and skills.
There are four components of an effective MDA:
- Surveying student /class interests
- Assessing levels of conceptual understanding (C-R-A)
- Analyzing student error patterns and/or misconceptions
- Conducting “math conversations” with students
Assessment Task 6 will focus on administering individual student interest inventories and summarizing results for making class-wide mathematics connections.
- Administer student interest inventories. You may use one of your own or download the Student Interest Inventory provided. Each student in your math class completes one. Typically this is done at the beginning of the school year and may be repeated after semester break.
- Summarize student responses. Download and complete the Class Interest Inventory form. You will reflect on what you learned about the students and look for connections between their interests and the math concepts/skills you are teaching.
- What specific connections did you discover between your students’ interests and the math content you teach?
- How does the MDA pre-assessment process (Interest inventory, C-R-A assessment, Error analysis & Math conversations) differ from your current pre-assessment practices?
Post your response in this Discussion area. Your response will be viewed by your facilitator and your colleagues. You are asked to read your colleagues’ responses and comment on at least one discussion posting.