Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Week 3 Discussion
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
During Week 3, we will explore key behavior-focused strategies, such as self-observation, self-goal-setting, and self-reward. We will discuss how important it is to recognize the fact that all behavior-focused strategies are interdependent and part of the same system. Behavior is influenced by numerous factors and each of the behavior-focused strategies open our eyes to specific behavior-influencing factors and dimensions. Accordingly, we should know about a wide range of these strategies and apply proper combinations of them to self-adjust and guide our behavior in a holistic manner to reach optimal fitness. Our primary goal should be to gradually cultivate our mind so that it could naturally help us become conscious of our behavior and factors that influence it; pause and assess the behavior-generating/influencing system; and utilize appropriate strategies to effectively manage our behavior. It’s all about having that moment of realization! Imagine all the potential benefits that you can acquire from knowing about and applying these strategies within the context of the workplace, such as conflict prevention and resolution, stakeholder management, effective communication, negotiation, and influencing performance.
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
- Employ world-altering strategies, such as using reminders and attention focusers, removing negative cues, and increasing positive cues.
- Demonstrate self-imposed strategies, including self-observation, self-goal-setting, self-reward, self-punishment, and practice.
- Recognize the importance of the concept of purpose as a catalyst for organizing life and for guiding the self-goal-setting process.
- Required reading: Chapter 3 from your textbook.
- Carefully review this week’s lecture materials (e.g., A Generative Glance, PowerPoint lecture, videos, and articles) and be sure to take detailed notes. This week’s contents offer practical insights that you might be able to apply within the context of your current or future work.
- You will have access to a number of recommended articles for Weeks 3 and 4 (see below). Please be sure to review some of these highly informative resources.
- Peer Learning Discussions (PLD)
- Week 3 Discussion