Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I’m stuck on a Psychology question and need an explanation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Application: Diagnosis of a “Peeping Tom” located in Chapter 12, “Sexual Variants, Abuse, and Dysfunctions”
In the Learning Resources for this week, you saw—as you did with more general definitions of normal and abnormal behavior—that it is difficult to define abnormality where sexuality is concerned; however, some sexual behaviors are deemed to be illegal and, if caught, the individuals who feel compelled to engage in such sexual behaviors can be arrested. As a forensic psychology professional, you will need to understand how to properly diagnose such disorders. This week’s Application Assignment will help you better understand how to do so.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review and focus on the case study for “Peeping Tom” on page 429 of Abnormal Psychology.
- Reflect on how your own biases might affect your ability to diagnosis various sexual deviant behaviors.
The Assignment: (1–2 pages)
- Complete a diagnosis for “Peeping Tom.”
- Provide specific supporting information.
- Explain social issues that should be addressed and why, and briefly describe any additional information that might be significant to the diagnosis and assessment of this individual.
- Briefly describe any difficulties you might have in assessing or diagnosing this individual, and any background issues or biases you might have that would contribute to making this a challenging case to assess or diagnose.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Submit your Assignment by Day 7.
Note: Although not formally part of this Application, you may wish to continue planning your Final Project, due in Week 11.
You have completed Week 8. Please proceed to Week 9.