Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I need help with a English question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
can you make me two responses for these two posts:
Stuart becomes concerned about food waste when he was 15 years old. He bought some pigs and started to feed them in the traditional way. He would go to his school’s kitchen and ask for the leftover food from his friends in school, he would go to the baker shop and ask for the stale bread that nobody bought and he went to the farmer who was throwing away the potatoes that wan’t in a shape or size that supermarkets would get. Then he sold that pig to his friends’ parent in school and made money for himself. Stuart define freeganism in his talk as an exhibition of the injustice of food waste and purvey the solution for food waste. After that, Stuart discussed how one of the solution that he has to do is confronting large businesses, whom actually wasting the food. Stuart illustrates what exactly food waste looks like. He states, “We are not talking about rotten stuff, we are not talking about stuff that’s beyond the pale. We are talking about good and fresh food that is being wasted.” Stuart found out that there is lots of food that is wasted when he showed his graph that measures food supply globally. First thing Stuart did is that he took the food supply for each country and compared it with what actually being consumed and going into people’s mouth. He explains that food supply is based on diet intake, level of obesity, and other factors that gives him the exact amount of the food supply. Stuart other foundation about food waste was as much as the country get richer, the food waste increases more and more. To demonstrate that, there is twice amount of food in the shops, supermarkets and restaurants than people’s needs. Stuart shows facts and numbers gotten from study that he was done I think. She showed the audiences a graph that is full of data regarding the food supply globally. I was surprised about those findings and results. I never thought about the food supply that each country should have to feed their population. For example, America has four times amount of food than it really need. What other surprising fact for me was that we already reached the ecological limits in our planet. Last more thing that I got surprised was that the food waste start at the production stage, unfortunately. Stuart and Oliver’s argument are exactly the same because they are talking about the same issue of Food Waste, however, each one is conveying the information about the topic in different way. One of them, Oliver, is using the humor while telling us about the food waste, and the other one, Stuart, is providing the information in very formal and using evidences for his claim.
1 day ago
- The main argument is that people need to be aware of the amount of food that they waste, and we need to reduce global food waste.
- The three specific examples:
“So a country like America has twice as much food on its shop shelves and in its restaurants than is actually required to feed the American people. “
- “If you include not just the food that ends up in shops and restaurants, but also the food that people feed to livestock, the maize, the soy, the wheat, that humans could eat but choose to fatten livestock instead to produce increasing amounts of meat and dairy products, what you find is that most rich countries have between three and four times the amount of food that their population needs to feed itself. A country like America has four times the amount of food that it needs. “
“But what we have to recognize now is that we are reaching the ecological limits that our planet can bear, and when we chop down forests, as we are every day, to grow more and more food, when we extract water from depleting water reserves, when we emit fossil fuel emissions in the quest to grow more and more food, and then we throw away so much of it, we have to think about what we can start saving. “
The kind of examples he uses where are from his personal experience with witnessing food waste. Also, he explains how food waste is affecting us negatively, and I am very surprised how much we are wasting food in our daily routine. After listening and watching Stuart Ted Talk, I will be more aware of how I will use my food.
- The biggest take a way was the amount of food that we waste during our meals and snacks. I was already aware of how much food is wasted, but I did not know it was a big problem that world has to be a ware of it.
- He became interested in food waste after feeding his pig and realizing that the food scraps he was feeding to his pig was eatable. This made him think about how much food we waste globally.
- The consequences of food waste are hungry people just like in Africa need the food that we waste it. We waste a lot of water in the process of growing and planting food, so when we waste food, we are also wasting the water. It also can be economically damaging when we waste food on the large scale.
- In my opinion, John is more convinced because he gives many statistic and real examples from people’s life. How people waste food during their daily routine. Also, how the markets are wasting food. This helps support his main argument more efficient than Stuart.
- It would reduce the credibility of the arguments that Stuart has made. Stuart has told personal stories to support his claim about wasting food. If he would use a more comedic tone it would making seem less authentic.
- At the end Stuart presentation, he reflects all the evidence he used toward his personal story. This helps demonstrate the important of his argument.