Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Help me study for my Biology class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Genetic Inheritance Format for Exp. 1
Typed Genetic Inheritance report must be in the following format for full credit in Lab Report #1.
1) Number the figure, e.g., Figure 1.
2) State whether the cross is F1 or F2, as well as the number of the vial, e.g., F1 #215
3) Type out the genetic cross, e.g., Xw/Xw x Xw+/Y
4) State whether the cross is sex-linked, autosomal, or sex-linked and autosomal.
5) Always write the dominant allele first, e.g., bw+/bw
6) Capitalize the X and Y chromosomes. Write the gene names in lower case. Use the superscript function to raise the + sign or the genes on X chromosomes (see #3 & 5 above).
7) State the ratio of offspring’s phenotypes and genotypes (see below).
8) Always follow each F1 cross with the F2 cross of the same type (sex-linked F1 followed by sex-linked F2)
Figure 1: F1 #??? Sex-linked cross
Xw/Xw x Xw+/Y
Xw+/Xw = 100% of females
Xw/Y = 100% of males
Males are 100% white-eyed
Females are 100% brick red-eyed
Figure 2: F2 #??? Sex-linked cross
Xw+/Xw x Xw+/
cross 1: OR X 109
Cross 2: OR X 212
Cross 3: OR x 305