Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Can you help me understand this Statistics question?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assuming .05 as your alpha value, make up a problem similar to this one. Make up 36 gas prices for your example. Use price values in your list that some you made up and be sure they are similar to the prices you have had in your area. List the values in your post.
Instructions for your response.
In your response, copy the original problem, describe what you did and give the mean, standard deviation and confidence interval. Then attach the excel spreadsheet below so students and the professor can check your work.
- First find the mean. List all 36 gas prices in cells A1 to A36 in your excel spreadsheet.
- On a different cell type in =average(A1:A36) and the hit enter to find the average
- Assume your answer is 2.65
- On a different cell type in =stdev.s(A1:A36) or =stdevA(A1:A36) and enter to find the standard deviation
- Assume your answer is .43
- Then type this in an excel cell =confidence.norm(.05,.43,36) and hit enter. This is the E value
- So take the mean of 2.65 and you have (2.65-E, 2.65+E) for your confidence interval
Formula you used above for the confidence interval:
The formula is E= zsubc * sigma / sqrt n
Where the left hand endpoint is xbar – E and the right hand endpoint is xbar + E
Just a review of your instructions:
- You will make up a problem with alpha = .05 and give the values for the problem. This is your main post.
Instructions: Your initial post should be at least 250 words.