Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
I don’t understand this English question and need help to study.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Now that you have read Chapters 7-9 of Watchmen along with the supplemental materials that follow each chapter (pages 212-313 in our edition for this class), come up 3-5 examples where a rhetorical appeal or strategy is being used by the author, illustrator, or colorist. Be sure to indicate the chapter/section and page number, and also explain which strategy is being used, and why. It is highly encouraged that you consider embeding images from the graphic novel to help illustrate what you are discussing. Please make sure you are embedding the images, not attaching them, since you don’t want students to have to download anything. Check out the tutorial here (Links to an external site.) if you need help embedding an image in a discussion post. Below are some sample questions to take into consideration for your talking points in this discussion. Feel free to choose whichever ones you want to focus on:
- Which rhetorical appeals (logos, pathos, ethos) are used to build characters within the story?
- Are there any fallacies used intentionally by the writer to demonstrate that a character has faulty logic? (In this case, the use of fallacies could be strategic, not an error.)
- Are certain colors used to enhance emotions (the appeal to pathos), such as fear, happiness, sadness, nostalgia, outrage, etc.?
- Are certain objects or the expressions/movements of characters used to enhance or demonstrate the emotions of characters (appeal to pathos)?
- How is the story organized (which strategies were used), and does it enhance or detract from the plot?
- Which literary devices are used to enhance the dialogue, the plot, or characterization?